Sunday 5 March 2017

Can I make a request please? Can anyone who has bought my book and found it helpful please post a review on Amazon?

I don't make a fortune from my books on eating disorders, the most important of which is the account of our story: Please eat...: A mother's struggle to free her teenage son from anorexia which was published in 2013. In fact when you take into account the number of books I've given away for free and any royalties I give to charity, I barely break even. So...


... the reason I'm asking you to please post a review on Amazon (either .co.uk or .com) isn't because I want to make money, it is purely and simply but because I want to get our story 'out there' to raise awareness that boys get eating disorders too and show parents that other families have been through an eating disorder and come out the other side.

I want to give other families hope.

It's the same reason I've been writing this blog since January 2011 and why I've put much of the blog into easy-to-follow PDFs which you can download for free here.

Although all but two of the Amazon reviews have been extremely positive - 5 stars - I have had a couple of negative reviews and when I get a negative review it can affect sales significantly.

As a result the book doesn't get 'out there'.

So if you've ever purchased a copy of my book, Please eat...: A mother's struggle to free her teenage son from anorexia, first I'd like to say a huge Thank You and I really trust that it brought you hope. Secondly, I'd really, really appreciate it if  you could post a review on Amazon, even if you didn't purchase the book from Amazon.

Curiously the reviews on the Amazon.com site don't appear on the UK site and vice versa which is a bit strange, but that's how Amazon works (for some unknown reason!). This is a real shame because (apart from the two negative UK reviews), all the reviews are great.

But wherever you live, if you could click on the relevant link below and post a short review, even if it's only a sentence, I would appreciate it enormously.

Thank you so much in anticipation! xxx

My book can be found on the UK Amazon site here and Amazon.com here.

No comments:

Post a Comment