Tuesday 26 January 2016

I'm finally happy with my Edinburgh talk!

For better or for worse, I'm a terrible micromanager. And you wouldn't believe the tweaking that's gone into my script and PowerPoint presentation for the talk I'm doing at the Scottish Eating Disorder Interest Group (SEDIG) Carers' Conference 2016 at the end of next month (Saturday 27th February). But I think I finally sorted it out. I think the main problem with my talk (which is called "Eating disorders aren't just a 'girl thing'") is that I've got such a massive story that condensing it into just 25 or 30 minutes has been a bit tricky, to say the least!

I'm not just talking about my son's descent into and recovery from anorexia, I'm also talking about how he's getting along now and also looking at what helped and what didn't on the road to his recovery from anorexia. And all in 25 or 30 minutes!

So it's taken quite a bit of shoehorning and tweaking to get it just right.

Very soon I'll be posting a transcript of my talk on this blog.

I've got this great dictation software on my computer where you just talk into a microphone and it types it up on the screen, making it a doddle to read my notes and – hey presto! – my talk will appear right here!

No comments:

Post a Comment