Friday 8 November 2013

Proud of him

Well, his week wasn't as I predicted. I predicted a doom and gloom week as Ben is given a 2-week extension on his decision on whether to stay or go. But, so far since he arrived home yesterday evening for a long weekend, he's been relatively upbeat, which is a major improvement on this time last week!


He hasn't been out that much, but he hasn't kept himself too solitary. And, to my immense surprise, he announced he'd taken part in some auditions for BBC's University Challenge!

He is already talking about the weeks ahead, and not in a way that implies he will be leaving anytime soon.

So there you are.

That's all I can really say for the moment because I've not been probing.

But what I did do when he announced that he'd put on more weight, was happy about this, but that it had been a tough week on the settling into university front was to give him a big hug and tell him how immensely proud I am of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment