Monday 25 March 2013

Still talking to people and still writing...

I am so very grateful to all the UK families that have come forward to talk to me about their own experiences of eating disorders. What began as a look at the stage between first realising something was wrong with your child through to referral by the GP, is now focusing on the whole story - from beginning to where families are now. It's just the way it's naturally developed.


This is the book that I want to get up in front of UK health professionals and anyone else that should be aware of what it's like to be a parent, at home, coping with a child with anorexia. And also highlighting the considerable differences between the kind of treatment our young people are receiving - from the outstanding through to the "could do betters" of the ED treatment world.

This book will also help other families to identify the early warning signs, realise that what they are experiencing may be "normal" and know where to find help and support, plus empower them to demand better treatment from everyone along the line.

I am still eager to talk with people, especially those whose children are now fully recovered.

Everything will be anonymous: all names, places and other things that might identify a family will be changed to protect privacy.

I'm getting a really great feeling about this new book!

Also, if you yourself have recovered from an eating disorder and you think your parents might be prepared to talk with me, I would really, really appreciate it.

For this book, though, I am focusing on UK families only.

So if you'd like to take part, please email me at anorexia@anorexiaboy.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment