Monday 22 July 2013

Phew! At last "When Anorexia Came To Visit" is published!!

I've spent the weekend updating the manuscript for When Anorexia Came To Visit where I talk to 20 families across the UK about their experiences of living with an eating disorder - and yesterday I published the Kindle version of 'When Anorexia Came To Visit' by Bev Mattocks It's also available on Kindle at Amazon.com. Just search for the book title or the ASIN number: B00E23AH6I. It will be available in paperback on the 31st July. And you can 'like' my new Facebook page which I set up today! Meanwhile...


I am speaking at the Institute of Psychiatry in November at Prof Janet Treasure's and Gill Todd's 'National Carers Conference' (telephone their organiser on T: 01256 704117 M: 07733 260 475 to book a place).

Plus, Ben and I are doing a slot for BBC North's 'Inside out' programme about the growing issue of males with eating disorders.

So things are getting busy, especially as I crank up the speed of promoting my new book to the people that need to read it: families and clinicians.

And, of course, I could never have written this new book if it wasn't for the 20 families that have generously and bravely contributed their often painful and distressing stories, and the fantastic people that wrote the Foreword, Preface and Introduction: Professor Janet Treasure OBE, Becky Henry, author of a similar book that describes the stories of families in the States: 'Just Tell Her To Stop: Family Stories of Eating Disorders' and the amazing Fairy Blogmother herself, Laura Collins, founder of F.E.A.S.T. (Families Empowered And Supporting Treatment of Eating Disorders) & the Around The Dinner Table Forum & Author of 'Eating With Your Anorexic'.

No comments:

Post a Comment